Now the holidays are coming to a close doesn’t mean you don’t have any reason to host a get-together. And if you aren’t the party-hosting type, you can always take the fancy route when just making an appetizer for your family. And if you don’t to pay for the fancy appetizer price tag, you don’t have to.
Lobster and crab can make for the best appetizer-type finger-foods. For example, there’s the lobster and crab nachos combining seafood favorites with a loved, classic appetizer. In just a few easy steps and for not a lot of money you can make these great nachos for a special party or just for every-day snacking.
Lobster and Crab Nachos
1 pound cooked lobster tail meat, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 1 pound cooked crab meat, 3/4 cup of sour cream, 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese, ¼ cup of chopped scallions, 1 bag of tortilla chips.
– In a large bowl combine crab and lobster meat, sour cream, garlic and scallions
– On a separate over-safe plate, spread tortilla chips
– Spread crab and lobster mixture on top of the tortilla chips
– Sprinkle all the pepper jack cheese on top of mixture and chips
– Broil nachos for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is completely melted
– Serve while warm
This is a crowd favorite sure to make everyone happy from your 12 year old to your great aunt Doris. And it’s so quick, simple and cheap you don’t have to think twice about making an extra tasty treat on your menu tonight, no matter the occasion!