If you’re looking for a new way to enjoy lobster, why not try your hand at a lobster pot pie?
Here are 10 steps for you to follow when you make lobster pot pie:
- 1. Start by preheating your oven to 425, and greasing 4 two-inch ramekins or spraying them with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2. Put a cup of chopped Yukon gold potatoes, a half-cup of sliced carrots and 3 cups of low-sodium seafood stock into a saucepan, then bring it to a boil over high heat. Cook the veggies and stock for 8 to 10 minutes, then strain the stock into one bowl and put the veggies in another.
- 3. Put a tablespoon of olive oil and 3 tablespoons of butter in a large stock pot, and melt to combine over high heat.
- 4. Add 4 lobster tails (with their shells removed) and cook for two to three minutes, until slightly red and opaque. Remove and set aside.
- 5. Put a diced sweet onion and a teaspoon of chopped fresh thyme into the stock pot, stirring well to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste, then cook for about five minutes, until soft.
- 6. Create a roux by adding 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour, whisking until it’s gold in color and fragrant, about 4 minutes. Then, add 2 tablespoons of tomato paste and cook for an additional minute.
- 7. Pour in ¾ cup dry sherry, cooking until the sherry is reduced by half. Then, slowly stir in the stock you set aside, followed by the veggies, the kernels from two ears of fresh corn and a cup of cream. Once the mixture is simmering and slightly thickened, add the lobster and salt and pepper to taste.
- 8. Spoon the filling into ramekins, and top with squares of puff pastry cut to fit and brushed with egg beaten with water.
- 9. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 10. Enjoy!
Want to make this recipe? Cape Porpoise Lobster Co. offers top-quality lobster that can be at your door, ready to cook, in as little as 24 hours! We include free overnight shipping with every order. Call 1-800-967-4268 today!