Lobster mac n’ cheese is the ultimate comfort food. The perfect combination of down home cookin’ and refined elegance, lobster mac n’ cheese is so much more than macaroni, cheese and shellfish. Making the perfect lobster mac n’ cheese takes finding the right recipe to create the perfect medley.
1lb Elbow Macaroni
1lb chopped lobster meat
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 C whole milk
1 1/2 C grated cheddar cheese
1 1/2 C grated Gruyere cheese
1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
Salt & pepper
6 tbsps melted butter
2 minced garlic cloves
2 cups crushed saltines
1. Cook pasta as instructed
2. While cooking, melt butter in a sauce pot and add garlic, browning about 3 mins being careful not to burn.
3. Whisk in flour; cook 1 minute.
4. Add milk and boil, frequently whisking.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer 3 mins.
6. Remove from heat and whisk in remaining ingredients,except butter and crackers.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Remove pasta from heat and strain.
9. Combine mixture and pasta.
10. Pour pasta mixture into greased casserole dish.
11. Combine butter and crackers, sprinkle over casserole.
12. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
13. Cool & serve.