Your mother brought you into this world and she deserves a great dinner for mother’s day. Show her you put some thought into her mother’s day dinner with a unique recipe she may have never had the chance to experience. Nothing says “I love you, mom!” quite like fresh-cooked lobster. And if you’re looking for an excellent way to prepare it, read on!
- • Three Large Lobsters
- • 1/4C Butter
- • 1/2C Cooking Sherry
- • ½ C Brandy
- • 1 C Heavy Cream
- • 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- • 4 Egg Yolks
- • Cayenne Pepper, Salt to Taste
- • Drop lobsters in boiling pot of water, 8 minutes from the time the water returns to a boil.
- • Remove meat from the shell and claws. Coarsely chop.
- • Cook the lobster meat in butter on moderate heat, 2 minutes.
- • Add Sherry and Brandy, 2 minutes.
- • Remove lobster meat.
- • Add cream to pan. Boil 2 minutes.
- • Reduce the heat to low and add nutmeg, cayenne and salt.
- • Whisk in the yolks, whisking constantly, 3 minutes.
- • Stir in lobster meat. Serve.