Maybe this year for Valentine’s Day you’re ditching the restaurant for a nice, romantic home-cooked meal. Perhaps you need some recipes however that will impress your significant other but also not cause you any stress during the preparation or cooking process. Both of these recipes are easy-to-make and delicious – the perfect combination for a V-day dinner.
Secret Admirer Potato & Crab Chowder
Ingredients: 2 tablespoon butter, 1 medium cooking onion chopped, 2 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 pound cooked crabmeat, 1 can creamed corn, 1 can chicken broth, 3 cups of cubed cooked potatoes, 3 tablespoons flour, 2 cups milk.
– In a large pot, melt the butter, sauté onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes
– Add potatoes, continue to sauté
– While stirring add flour evenly
– Add milk, chicken broth and corn
– Mix all ingredients well
– Stir continually over medium heat for 5-10 minutes
– Cover pot, reduce to low heat and allow 20-minute simmer
– Mix in crabmeat
– Simmer for an additional 5 minutes
Lovebird’s Lobster Risotto
Ingredients: 1/2 pound chopped lobster meat, 2 cups rice, 4 tablespoons olive oil, 4 tablespoons chopped garlic, 1/4 cup white wine, 1 can chicken stock, salt.
– In a large pot, heat olive oil
– Add garlic and rice, stir well
– Mix in lobster meat and a pinch of salt
– Pour in the wine
– Bring the mixture to a boil, continue to stir
– Turn heat down and add chicken stock slowly
– Cook until rice is al dente
– Sever while warm