Valentine’s Day is the perfect holiday for love, romance, flowers, chocolate and of course – a seafood dinner! Whether you’re making it for a significant other, loved one or friend, these two recipes go great together or separate and are sure to impress.
Cupid’s Crab Cups
Ingredients: 1 pound cooked crabmeat, 1 block of cream cheese, 2 chopped green onions, 1/2 cup of sour cream, one package of phyllo shells.
– In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream and green onions
– Fold in the crabmeat, be careful not to over mix
– In a cupcake tin, put 3 pieces of phyllo in each cup, pressing against the sides creating a cup
– Fill each phyllo cup with the crab mixture
– Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes
– Serve while warm
Passionate Lobster Pasta
Ingredients: 2 pounds of chopped lobster meat, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1/4 cup tomato paste, 1/3 cup of Chardonnay, 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar, 2 chopped garlic cloves, 6 cups whipping cream, 2 boxes of fettuccine noodles.
– In a frying pan, sauté the lobster meat for 3 minutes
– Reduce the heat to low and add the tomato paste
– Transfer mixture to a larger pot after adding olive oil to the warming pot
– Stir in the wine, vinegar and garlic
– Add cream and increase the heat the a boil
– Let mixture boil for 2 minutes
– Turn heat off and let mixture sit
– In a separate pot, boil water and cook fettuccine noodles
– When noodles are cooked, drain and add sauce
– Toss noodles and sauce for 4 minutes over medium heat
– Season to taste with salt and pepper